Saturday, February 26, 2011

To take the test or not to take the test?

To make a long story short, I was about to work out the accommodations with the TLC to take a practice test. I score on an average scale, which I think is not bad at all. With some studying and and practice at increasing my speed I will do much better. It is the speed that counts and is the most difficult for me. I understand how to go about solving the scenarios, but when you are under a time crunch you overlook obvious clues or spend to much time on one and not enough on another.
The complication this mouth was the accommodations for the real test and that is where think got frustration. On January 8 I sent the LSAC a packet of materials that was about four inches thick. It contained Visual reports, past accommodations reports, SAT scores, letter from Disability Services, and other such documents. The LSAC's deadline was the 11th and on the 10th I received an email stating that I was missing Evaluation form E1. Thinking about it that was a form I gave to my doctor to fill out and he sent it back to me blank. So, I faxed it to his office and asked them PLEASE to fill it out and fax it to the LSAC. I then called the next day to make sure this had been done and the office staff assured me that it had. Yeah, weathered that one, except the LSAC never got it. Now at this point I was pounding the top of my desk because it was to late to get accommodations for the February 12 test.
So, that was not very short but I am looking at it this was, I have more time to study and do better on the June test.

2 comments:

  1. You have a great attitude, Leslie. You will get there, I have no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard getting accommodations on the LSAC can be very trying. I'm thinking about applying to law school and will need a couple of accommodations. Have you had difficulty dealing with the LSAC accommodations committee?

    ReplyDelete